Home Foundation Repairs in Stafford, TX
Family-owned and -operated Dura Pier Foundation Repair has proudly served residents of Stafford, TX, for more than three-quarters of a century! The third generation of our family is now working in the business, and we are proud to be a pioneer in home foundation repair in greater Houston.
Signs You Have Foundation Problems
Stafford is built on black gumbo clay, a type of soil that has remarkable water retention ability. Because of its sticky, heavy nature, black gumbo can wreak havoc on building foundations, especially during extremes in moisture levels, such as heavy rains or drought. As the heavy soil expands and contracts, it can wreak havoc on a foundation. Many homes experience shifts in the levelness of the foundation, along with many other issues that require a long-term solution.
- Exterior cracks. This can include cracks in exterior brick and mortar, and cracks in concrete slabs.
- Problems with doors and windows. You might notice gaps around windows and doors, and difficulties with doors and windows opening and closing properly.
- Interior cracks. Cracks may also develop in ceilings, drywall and in tile floors. You might notice a fireplace that is leaning or separating from the ceiling.
- Uneven floors. Sagging floors are sign that the foundation has shifted.
- Mold and mildew in crawl spaces. Mold growth and damp, musty smells coming from crawl spaces indicate excessive moisture.
What to Do
It’s important to have your foundation issues repaired as quickly as possible. Foundation problems only worsen and become more expensive to fix as time goes on. This negatively affects home value and makes a home difficult to sell.
If installed when signs of trouble first appear, foundation piers may stop a home foundation from failing. Get a professional evaluation by the certified experts at Dura Pier Foundation Repair.
Schedule a Free Inspection
Know your options. Contact Dura Pier Foundation Repair today by calling (713) 721-8888 or filling out our online contact form. We offer our inspections free of charge.